fireglass calculator for squares, rectangles & trapezoids
Burner Size Calculator for Fireplaces
After entering all 3 measurements above,
click the Calculate button below.
How Much Fireglass Do I Need?
For Fireplaces And Square/Rectangular Fire Pits.
Having the correct amount of Fireglass glass will help make your fireplace design project successful. To aid in this we have provided a couple sketches to show you how to measure your fireplace or fire pit and a handy calculator to do the calculations for you. All need to do is follow the instructions below and you are on your way.
3 Inches of total fill is recommended. This can be accomplished with 3 inches of glass fill or 2 inches of glass fill along with 1 inch of lava fill (the cost savings method).
Use the image to learn where to measure inside your fireplace or fire pit. Then enter your measurements into the calculator and click the "Calculate" button to see how many pounds of glass and pea size lava rock you need.
Find the Optimum Size Burner for your Fireplace
Use the Burner Size calulator to find the best fit.
- The burners are to be used in fully vented fireplaces only
- Burners are to be used with natural gas only
- Take your measurements in inches
- Please take your measurements at the fireplace floor
- The calculator assumes that the H-shaped burner will be positioned with the front "burner bar" 4 inches back from the front edge of the fireplace floor
- The calculator works for trapezoid or rectangular fireplaces
- If your fireplace is really large or has an unusual shape, feel free to Email Us with the dimensions and include a picture if you like
- The calculator will work for most standard-size fireplaces
- The calculator only considers H-shaped burners